At halow project, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy is written in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is halow project of Carroll House, 11 Quarry Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3UY.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
halow also applies the principles of GDPR to the protection of personal data that it holds. Data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. Data is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected. Data is accurate and where necessary kept up to date. Data is kept in a form which permits the identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary. Data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
If you have any queries about this policy, please contact us at halow project, Carroll House, 11 Quarry Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3UYor email email@example.com
Who we are?
halow project is a growing community-based charity, based in Guildford, Surrey. The purpose of the halow project is to support young people, aged 16+, with a learning disability on their journey into and through adult life.
The young people we work with want the opportunity to:
- Build relationships.
- Become part of the community.
- Find meaningful employment.
- Have a home of their own.
The halow project aims to ensure that every person with a learning disability has the same life choices and chances as any other person. The core services that we provide are:
- Social Activities.
- Building Futures Programme.
- A Reason to Get Up.
- Buddy Service (1:1 Support).
- Supported Living.
Access the ‘What we do’ page – to find out more about what we do.
halow project is registered as a charity in England and Wales (registered charity number 1116773) and we are also registered as a company limited by guarantee (company number Company number 05822301).
Information we may collect from you
We collect the following information when you make a donation, submit an online form or otherwise give us personal information:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website halowproject.org.uk; please link this includes information provided at the time of registering to use this website, subscribing to our mailing list, requesting material or further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through this website and of the fulfilment of your orders; and details of your visits to this website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
The halow project is committed to ensuring the security of your information. We have strict physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to secure and store your personal information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To give you the information you have requested.
- To inform you about our fundraising activities.
- To ensure that content from this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you find that you are getting information from us which you do not wish to receive, please contact us at the halow project, Carroll House, 11 Quarry Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3UY or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information
Your personal information is not shared with third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to third parties if they provide a service to the halow project.
We have robust agreements in place with any such service provider to protect your data.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the halow project, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to know what information is being held about you. You can ask us what information we hold by contacting the halow project, Carroll House, 11 Quarry Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3UYor email email@example.com.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the above address.
Please keep your information up to date by letting us know at the above address if the information we hold is incomplete or incorrect.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the menu on your browser or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.com. (please link) Please note however that turning off cookies may restrict your use of our website.