halow works with a number of organisations to create a mutually beneficial fundraising partnership. We ensure that you are fully involved with us and our young people to see for yourselves the impact your support will have now and in the future. Together we can make a real difference to the lives of young people with a learning disability. By working with us we can provide you with valuable publicity in local press, online media and halow literature.
We can work together in a number of ways:
Work Experience & Opportunities for Young People:
Your business could offer the chance for our young people to work with you in your professional sphere. Whether it's a visit to your office for the day or a longer term work placement; halow can work with you to help broaden your understanding of the charity world and ensure young people with learning disabilities get the chance to learn new 'employability' skills.
Employee Volunteer Teams:
You could provide a team of volunteers to work with halow on one of our many initiatives and gain valuable experience, improve your team building skills & try something new:
- Volunteer on one of our educational programmes: Building Futures Group or A Reason To Get Up
- Help out at one of the many halow Social Activities. We go bowling, paint-balling, llama trekking and much more.
- Provide support at or enter a company team into one of our fundraising events: Upcoming Fundraising Events. You could take part in a halow karting event, marathon or cycle ride; to name a few.
As a charity we're always extremely grateful for donations of any kind:
- Unrestricted – these funds are to help the general running of halow.
- Project specific – you could buy or lease a home for our Supported Living service; or provide funds for a vehicle for our halow Buddy service. You could join with others to fund one of our learning initiatives for a year.
- Gifts in kind- donate a service, item or voucher to be used as an auction item or raffle prize at one of our fundraising or social events.
- Sponsorship – you could sponsor young people to gain work or educational experiences or sponsor a group of your staff to enter challenges which in themselves would create funds for halow. Check out some of our past events that have been sponsored by businesses: halow250, Damon Hill Karting Challenge
If you would like to know more please contact Ann Kenney at email@example.com or 01483 447 960